Monday, November 14, 2011

Good as gold (stupid as mud)



So your mum asked the gringo to step in and pollute the musical purity of this blog.

While I'm working my way up to adding some of the songs with the finest control of anglo-saxon diction, I thought I'd start gently by adding this.

No particular reason except that I like the band, and particularly Paul Heaton's lyrics.

The Beautiful South seem to be almost unknown in the States, and broke up a few years back, apparently because of "musical similarities".

3 comments:

  1. I just realized that this is the song of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures, people! It's a sodding blog, it needs to look like eye candy...
    oh well, maybe it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's more accurate to say that this voice was one of the sounds of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete