Thursday, November 10, 2011

Jorge Ben: Mas que nada....

So I had seen Catarina's post on Jorge Ben (O telefone tocou novamente) and I thought to myself that I much preferred Taj Mahal... Only now I realized that she also had a post on Taj Mahal...

I danced to Taj Mahal  many times, when I was discovering "night life" in a place that used to be called "Roda Viva", just on the starting point of the `Bondinho do Pao de Acucar", na Urca.

And funnily enough I had compared Taj Mahal to the Black Eyed Peas, which I quite like...I had no idea that they had recorded another Jorge Ben song (Mas que nada) and that this was in the soundtrack of Rio, the cartoon...
Cool, I guess!...

FWIW the story I heard was that Jorge Ben changed his name to Jorge Benjor because there was a wave of numerology that swept the artistic circles in Rio long time ago and many  artists felt like following this person that calculated some lucky and unlucky names, by associating numbers to letters...

No comments:

Post a Comment